Communication implies establishing a code to relate with others within a particular environment. From an essential point of view, the purpose of communication is either functional to work or functional to pastime.
On the one hand, we define work as the human activity carried out to generate added value and gain the corresponding counterpart. On the other hand, the objective of pastime is to obtain emotional benefits and generate pleasant transactions using the communication as the vehicle. The unicist ontological structure of interpersonal communication includes:
- An adaptation process to generate added value to the environment and obtain the counterpart.
- A process of introjective empathy. The individual that is communicating introjects the object of communication in order to apprehend reality.
- A process of influential sympathy. This requires individuals to “vibrate” syntonized with the environment they are communicating with. Having influential sympathy requires influencing the syntonic “vibration” with the environment to ensure the possibility to share experiences with others.
- A participation process. When pastime is the goal, participation processes have to be the implicit purpose of communication.
- A projective empathic process, which is the starting point of any communication. Communication begins with the projection of ourselves we make on the external reality.
- A process of emotive sympathy, in which both sides discover they might share the same emotions.
The change of languages
Adolescents promote the change of languages. Thus they build a parallel world to fit in. A cultural nucleus is strong when it neutralized most of the changes promoted by adolescents. A cultural nucleus is weak when adults copy the language of adolescents. In this sense, the behavior of elites defines the strengths or weakness of a culture.
NOTE: The Unicist Research Institute was the pioneer in using the unicist logical approach in complexity science research and became a private global decentralized leading research organization in the field of human adaptive systems. It has an academic arm and a business arm.