Unicist Contingency Rooms are organizational units that transform urgent problems into structural solutions. These units are basically organized as teams led by a person who is responsible for the Contingency Room.
When they begin their teamwork, the leadership includes the participation of a coordinator, who assumes the responsibility for doing what is needed to find the solutions for the problem that needs to be solved, an ombudsman to represent the needs of the client and a fallacy shooter who ensures that the group manages valid knowledge.
Their final purpose is to solve an urgent problem. Their maximal strategy is to develop the structural solutions while the minimum strategy is to solve the urgent problems.
The double dialectical actions that need to be developed at a contingency room begin by finding the necessary causes of problems in order to develop a structural solution while the second step is to find the triggering causes that generated the urgent problems in order to solve them.
It has to be considered that when a structural solution is found, the problem ceases to exist. Therefore, contingency rooms generate significant added value in their organizations because they ensure the concept of “today better than yesterday” measured in terms of results.
These contingency rooms use a complete set of resources to manage these solutions:
- Conceptual Design Technology – To build the unified fields of the solutions and the layout of their architecture.
- Continuous Improvement – Which includes the possibility of installing innovations to upgrade or renew processes.
- Quality Assurance – Which requires introducing automated decisions to ensure the effectiveness of the processes.
- Problem Solving & Diagnostics Methods – To provide a framework that simplifies the building of structural solutions.
- Unicist Fishbone – To transform the conceptual design of a process into a manageable improvement process.
- Unicist Project Manager – To design solutions for complex structural problems.
- Unicist Library – To have a Knowledge Bank with the information of the concepts of business functions.
- Avant Garde Groups – To build participative solutions for work processes using the knowledge and experience of the members of an organization.
- Business Objects building Method – To build the necessary business objects to be inserted in the processes and integrated with roles and the necessary technologies in order to drive, catalyze or inhibit the entropy of processes.
Unicist contingency rooms are a tool for organizational learning and improvement. The organizations that use this approach transform crises into opportunities and problems into solutions.
This requires having an internal “Corporate University”, working as a solution factory, that provides the conceptual framework and the knowledge base for these activities together with the quality assurance for the solutions.
The main problem of contingency rooms is that they require using all the knowledge that is necessary and the main benefit is that it produces monetary results in the short and long run.
NOTE: The Unicist Research Institute was the pioneer in using the unicist logical approach in complexity science research and became a private global decentralized leading research organization in the field of human adaptive systems. It has an academic arm and a business arm.